Minimal system requirements:
• One of the following Microsoft Windows XP operating systems:
• Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
• Microsoft Windows XP Professional
• Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
• A computer that has a 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) equivalent or higher processor.
• Microsoft DirectX 9.0 or a later version of Microsoft DirectX. Microsoft DirectX 9.0c is installed by Fable: The Lost Chapters.
• 256 megabytes (MB) of system RAM.
• 3 gigabytes (GB) of available hard disk space.
• 32x speed or faster CD-ROM drive.
• 64 MB shader-capable video card.
• A sound card and either a set of speakers or a set of headphones are required for audio.
• A Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
Fable: The Lost Chapters is a remake of the 2004 Xbox RPG Fable, developed by Lionhead Studios and published by Microsoft Game Studios for Windows and Xbox in September 2005. The game is currently being ported to Mac OS X by Feral Interactive. The Windows version had only a few minor differences from the Xbox version.
Fable: The Lost Chapters features all the content found in the original Fable, as well as additional new content such as new monsters, weapons, items, armor, towns, buildings, and expressions. The story receives further augmentation in the form of nine new areas and sixteen additional quests. Characters such as Briar Rose and Scythe, who were unimportant in the original game (Scythe was not even mentioned, and Briar Rose only appeared twice), are now given more importance and are included in certain quests and side quests. Using the in-game menu systems, the player can examine their character's basic details such as romance information (which includes sexuality, number of spouses, number of weddings, number of divorces, etc.), or other details such as their title. In Fable: The Lost Chapters Jack's voice also changed into a slyer, more monster-like voice.